How to Prevent Lice - Illness & disease
Although head and pubic lice cause discomfort, irritability and often embarrassment - further serious illness doesn't occur (sores and lesions may develop if persistently scratched). However, body lice are able to transmit three diseases: Epidemic typhus, Relapsing fever and Trench fever (all of which can cause severe illness and be fatal). All types of lice that affect humans should be prevented as soon as possible. There are sprays, shampoos, powders, lotions, creams and combs all formulated to treat lice. Repellents may help prevent infestations but the general feedback is that they aren't that effective. You can purchase natural remedies and also solutions with pesticides in that will help get rid of the lice. Still, it is better to prevent them rather than search for treatments.
How to Prevent Lice - Everyday techniques
Below are some ways to prevent lice, and if these can be implemented into every day life by you and your children, there's a better chance lice will be avoided. Prevent lice...
- by not sharing hair brushes, combs, hats, scarves, coat pegs, ear phones, ribbons, pillows, towels, bedding or sleeping bags
- by not 'putting your heads together' in the playground, on the bus, in the car, in class or at after school clubs
- by keeping coats/jackets separated in class - do not throw them in a pile on the floor
- by regularly cleaning head rests, helmets, kits, costumes and any other uniforms that may be shared - if washable, do so on a high temperature
- by keeping good personal hygiene and regular cleaning of your body and clothes may help you spot any lice before an infestation occurs
- by performing regular checks on all school children throughout term time and during holidays if they have been to clubs or camps - purchase a good metal detection comb to help
- by looking out for the signs and symptoms in others (scratching, white dandruff like specs, bite marks/red spots round the neck line and behind the ears, irritability & itching)
How to Prevent Lice - A useful guide
Thousands of people search to find out about different types of parasites and ways to prevent them. Fortunately there are so many products available on line, you should be able to find what you want without too much of a problem. We hope that you have found this article a useful guide and that any questions you may have had have been answered. You will find that this website is a great resource, whether you are looking to learn more, purchase lice-related products or just seek some quiet information. Men, women and children are all affected by these parasites and we hope you can implement ways to prevent them or locate the treatment you may need, be it a comb, lotion, cream, medication or shampoo. Treatments and remedies should be sought after quickly and if you have pubic-lice you should seek medical advice so they cannot be spread or infect others.